Saturday, April 16, 2011

Finally, some decent brisket?!?

The pics below are of a Trager pellet grill.  That is a BBQ grill that has a mechanism to feed wood pellets into the firebox, letting you basically load it and cook for hours without having to touch it.

This one is loaded with mesquite pellets, and I have a brisket going in it.  I'm going to smoke that for 24 hours, then hopefully get something closer to the brisket I'm used to, from living in Texas for 20 years.  I miss BBQ like that, because here in Georgia it is all about pork, hickory, and they just flat don't know how to properly do a brisket.

StevieFoodstamps, and Wirecutter: I'll be drinking a beer and tipping my hat to you guys when I have said brisket for supper tomorrow night, and leftover brisket for probably a good week...

1 comment:

wirecutter said...

Wow, never seen one of those. What was the price on it if you don't mind me asking?
For sure, let me know how the brisket turned out. I've been smoking one all day, just took it off and I'm letting the juices settle.
You're right, folks in the deep south don't know shit about good beef and mesquite. But their pulled pork...... Damn.