Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Complete shit run, yet not...

I ran this afternoon... 

I didn't feel like running.

I had to talk myself into it.

It was relatively warm and humid, and I figured it'd be as buggy as hell.

I went anyway.

Buggy, warm, humid, tons of trash on the trail since it is Fall and the leaves are dropping like crazy.

I *hated* this run as I started it...

It was too warm, and very humid, and my Garmin was glitching, so I couldn't even get it to give me my mile pace...

I got the Garmin to behave around the end of mile 1, but that was annoyingly late...

I hit a spot several miles in where there was this wasp orgy going on, on the trail, and I almost landed my left foot on it, but instead I did this instinctive lateral off my right foot that made me land on my left foot with leftward momentum that *really* made my left ankle go "WTF!"

I had to walk that out, but it went away, and I started again...

I hated this run, but I finished it.  And strangely, ended up thinking it was what it was supposed to be.  And  I ended up loving it for what it was, since it was more than I ever expected when I started out.  :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you ran, and that's the important part.