Sunday, April 19, 2009

Economics Lesson



Today is the day I stop tipping. I'm usually at 20%, but now I'm going to leave one of these Obama Dollars instead, with a short note on the back explaining that Obama took away the money I'd normally tip with. While this may seem a bit cruel, it makes the point that when the government takes from someone, it impacts everyone. Most people who receive tips are in some kind of service industry, are generally not highly compensated, and are at an economic tier that tends to support Obama and benefit from his "spreading the wealth around", so I think they are the appropriate targets for my "social activism." And if they bitch about it, I'll point out that this is a "teaching moment", and they should be thanking me for the economics lesson.

No comments: