Sunday, August 29, 2010

Howdy!

So I don't really talk about myself much in this blog. It is mostly about funny pictures. This post is different.

Few years back, I had some serious back problems. It was very difficult for me to even walk back then. This blog got started because I'd spend a couple of hours on weekend mornings sitting in a chair, surfing, and posting funny stuff, because that was about the most I could physically do. It took several hours of warm-ups to even walk downstairs and get in my car.

Contrast now: I ran 17 miles last week! Let me clarify that: RAN! Didn't walk it. Didn't clock it over the whole week. Did 3 runs on M-W-F that added up to that. Each run was over 5 miles, which staggers me. Even being able to run again was a dream back in the beginning of this year.

Two words: Faith; Prayer.

I intend to run at least 3 * 5 next week, and take the pace down vs. last week.

I am incredibly thankful for how much I've recovered. Words fail me at this point.

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment and recovered zest for life. Keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

SanyoSoup said...

Appreciate the comments!

Anonymous said...

Superb.