Sunday, December 11, 2011

Scandal!

So I had this feral kitten, now named Scruffy, who was derping on my porch for a while, and last Sunday I had her tamed enough to bring in the house.  I put her in an unused bedroom, and at least got her off the streets.

Wednesday, the vet came over [yes my vet makes house calls] and Scruffy got her first shots, de-wormed, and furthered her entry into suburban life.

My existing maniac tomcat, Bitey has been throwing a complete fit over her presence since I let her in.  Growling under the doors to that bedroom.  Hissing at me if  smelled of Scruffy after coming out of there.  Being a nut, not that he isn't already one.  He is, after all, a maniac.

So tonight after I get bored and am about to crash, I go to check on Scruffy.  I take one of the two paths back to that part of the house, and close the door behind me, to keep Bitey from following and getting upset.  But what do I find?

Bitey is outside the door to Scruffyland, and he is in a nose to nose lovefest under the door that separates them.  He is all over it, Scruffy is loving him back and they are rubbing noses through the gap under the door, with none of the hissing, pissing, moaning, and general histrionics that have categorized his behavior so far to date.

Instead, it was like I caught Bitey cheating on me with another cat.  It was HUGE as far as how cute it was!

He ran like hell when he saw I saw it, but I'm so amused by this I just can't stop snickering. 

Bitey and Scruffy, sitting in a tree...

No comments: